Graduate Degree Funding

Waivers for Out-of-State Tuition Costs

  • HSU Public Sociology is part of the Western Regional Graduate Program External Link, which means students with residency in any of the Western states can pay in-state tuition to study Public Sociology at Humboldt State University.
  • Applicable states: Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oregon, South Dakota, Utah, Washington, Wyoming, and the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands

Department of Sociology

We may have opportunities to work for the Department of Sociology as a Teaching Associate, or a Instructional Student Assistant (ISA). Look for open positions on the HSU Academic Student Employee Opportunities page. To learn more about each position, see the Sociology Graduate Program Manual (link at right).

Paid Employment On Campus

Paid Employment Off Campus

Humboldt State University Funding

Other Funding Opportunities

Paid Travel for Conferences

At the beginning of each school year, a call for funding will go out from the College. If you are scheduled to present (or hope to) at a conference during that school year, you can apply for funding to travel to that conference. If you want to travel to present to a conference in August, you should contact the Department Chair to start the funding process during the summer.