Financial Aid Payments

Most financial aid funds, when finalized and ready to pay, are disbursed by crediting your student account (exceptions are work-study, non-HSU loans and certain non-HSU scholarships). Current academic year charges for fees and on-campus room and board will automatically be paid by your financial aid if all requirements have been met. Financial Aid Disbursements are awarded to your student account the week before the semester starts, and are disbursed on a weekly basis through the semester.

If your financial aid award exceeds the amount due for university charges, a refund will be produced. Refund checks will be available on the Friday before the first day of classes each semester and can be picked up at the Cashiers window in the SBS Building, Room 285. Direct deposit refunds will be posted to your bank account by the Wednesday before the first day of classes each semester via electronic funds transfer (EFT) if you are participating in the Student Electronic Funds Transfer program.

It is important to continue to update your current address via MyHumboldt for all future correspondence or any other "non-financial aid" refunds.

Note that updating your Student Center address will not change the address to which your W-2 will be sent, if you are employed by the university. For more information, see About W-2 Forms.

For more information regarding financial aid check disbursement, contact Student Financial Services.