Math Diagnostic Test Program (MDTP)
Are you ready for calculus?
Freshman and transfer students who have studied pre-calculus coursework and who have not attempted HSU MATH 115 have the option to demonstrate readiness for calculus by passing the MDTP calculus readiness test.
If you are interested in taking the MDTP, please read the information below and complete the form.
Passing the MDTP will make you eligible to enroll in calculus (MATH 105 or MATH 109). Your MDTP score can also be used to determine eligibility for MATH 114 (Trigonometry) and STAT 109 (Biostatistics).
- To be eligible for the MDTP, math remediation must be completed successfully or not required.
- You may take the MDTP only once.
- You must preregister to take the MDTP using this form.
- The exam has 40 multiple choice questions. It takes approximately 90 minutes to 2 hours to complete. No calculators or notes are allowed. Bring several #2 pencils. Scratch paper will be provided.
- There is no charge to take the exam.
It is strongly recommended that you study for the MDTP.
A practice exam can be found at:
You will be notified of your MDTP score and placement status via email following the exam.