Admission Requirementsfor the Department of Theatre, Film & Dance
For admission fo the undergraduate programs: a student must be accepted to the university in order to declare a major in the Department of Theatre, Film and Dance: see HSU Catalog
The Department of Theatre, Film and Dance requires all graduate applicants to fulfill all the requirements for admission to Humboldt State University. The Department does not require that the Graduate Record Exam (GRE) be taken to enter its graduate programs.
To apply for the Master of Fine Arts Degree in Theatre Arts, the candidate must submit directly to the Department of Theatre, Film, and Dance:
- All graduate applicants must fulfill all of the requirements for admission to Humboldt State University. For more information, please visit the Graduate Studies site.
- All graduate applicants must submit a completed Department of Theatre, Film & Dance Master of Arts/Master of Fine Arts Degree application form.
- All applicants must submit, along with the Department application form, at least four letters of recommendation.
- All applicants must submit one transcript, unofficial is acceptable.
- All applicants must submit, along with the Department application form, a portfolio or other supporting materials. This material will be returned to you following the admission decision.
- Please submit a brief statement of your career objectives and reasons for choosing this program.
- The Department of Theatre, Film & Dance may request an interview in person or by telephone.
Send all MFA degree application materials to: Applications are not being accepted for Fall 2011.
Chair, Graduate Screening Committee
Department of Theatre, Film and Dance
Humboldt State University
#1 Harpst Street
Arcata, CA 95521-8299
For MA/MFA in Theatre Arts curriculum and course requirements go to HSU catalog