Eligibility and Stipends
- You must be a United States citizen or permanent resident.
- You must intend to enroll in graduate school in one of the biological sciences (broadly defined) following graduation. This program is not intended for individuals who intend to enter professional schools (e.g., medical school, dental school, etc.).
- You must have at least two years before the expected date of your graduation from HSU. Most participants will be starting their sophomore or junior year when they join the program.
- Particular emphasis will be placed on broadening participation of members of groups historically underrepresented in science and engineering: American Indians, Hispanic Americans, African Americans, Alaska Natives, Native Hawaiians and other Pacific Islanders, and persons with disabilities.
- $1000 Per month for the two year duration of the program.
- $1000 Housing allowance during each of your two summers in the program.
- Total stipend over two years - $26,000.
- This stipend will be part of your total financial aid package. Financial need will not affect your stipend from the URM program, but may affect other parts of your financial aid package. Contact one of the Program Directors for details