Financial Matters
  • Veterans Education Benefits
    • Do you have eligibility for a Montgomery GI Bill® or the Post 9/11 Gi Bill®?
    • Can your mom or dad transfer their VA Benefits?
    • Read More
    • The Department of Veterans Affairs establishes eligibility based on different criteria. Basically, you will need to apply for a specific Chapter in order to know exactly what your eligibility looks like. However, due to current legislation we strongly advise that you talk to us before you actually apply for benefits. We'll help you look at your options and choose the best path to finance your education.
  • Cal Vet Fee Waiver
    • Read More
    • The Cal Vet Fee Waiver is a California Department of Veterans Affairs Program that waives the state tuition or fee or tuition fee (at HSU) at any UC, CSU or Community College for spouses and dependents of service-connected Disabled or deceased veterans.
  • Financial Aid
    • Read More
    • The application period to apply for Federal Financial Aid for the fall semester begins January 1st each year. We recommend applying anytime after the 1st of January; we require that you apply if you are collecting VA benefits in accordance with the EO 13607 Principles of Excellence. Visit our Financial Aid webpage!
Financial Quick Links
Monthly Rates
Go here to see the VA monthly payment charts.
VA Workstudy
If you are collecting any of the GI Bill's® or Vocational Rehabilitation Chapter 31 benefits you may be eligible for VA work-study.
Military Affiliated Scholarships
Its important to note that any Scholarships that are designated "tuition specific" are deducted from the amount the VA pays for tuition and fees under the Post 9/11 GI Bill®.
Budget Advising
Need help setting up a budget while attending Humboldt State University?