Humboldt State University

veterans enrollment and transition services

skip navigation

Getting Started

California State University Application Procedure

Obtain an Application for Admission from any California State University (CSU) campus, California Community College, or California High School. You can apply online at CSU Mentor. You will need to submit official transcripts from all prior institutions. If you do not hear anything from the university within four weeks, please call the VETS office at (707)826-6272. We also recommend you begin the process of applying for your Montgomery GI Bill educational benefits.

VA Benefits Application Procedure

Veterans may apply initially for their educational benefits by completing the online application. Paper applications are available at Veterans Enrollment and Transition Services in the Lower Library, Room 58 or online via VONAPP. Please consult a VA representative or staff in the VETS office prior to applying if you have any questions about eligibility, school, cost of attendance, or the application process.

Free Application for Federal Student Aid

Federal Student Aid, an office of the U.S. Department of Education, ensures that all eligible individuals can benefit from federally funded financial assistance for education beyond high school. They consistently champion the promise of postsecondary education to all Americans —and its value to our society.  Please complete the online application at