- Eric Meyer on CSS
- An excellent book that takes a project-based approach to learning CSS.
- More Eric Meyer on CSS
- The companion book to the above.
- Dreamweaver 8
- Dreamweaver is the software we use to manage the HSU general use templates, and is a good tool for building websites. Although you will still need to learn the basics of HTML and CSS, Dreamweaver makes many of the aspects of web development easier for folks who aren't web prefessionals.
- Contribute 3
- This a good product to use if you don't know any HTML. Contribute works in conjuction with Dreamweaver, and allows content editors to update content without needing access to the underlying structure of the site.
- HTML Source
- There are a lot of HTML tutorials on the web, but most of them are old and teach outdated methods. HTML Source is the most up-to-date set of tutorials that I have seen.
- WestCiv Online CSS Tutorials
- WestCiv has some great free online CSS tutorials that are good for those just starting out. They also have high-quality, affordable, courses that can be downloaded from their site.