- Professor, Wildlife Department, Humboldt State University 2009-Present
- Associate Professor, Wildlife Department, Humboldt State University 2005-2008
- Assistant Professor, Wildlife Department, Humboldt State University 2001-2005
- Lecturer, Wildlife Department, Humboldt State University 1999-2001
- Ph.D. Ecology, Tulane University, 1999
- B.S. Wildlife Biology, UC Davis, 1992
Awards & Recognition
- Fulbright Scholarship to India. 2013.
- Alistair McCrone Promising Young Scholar Award. 2004.
- Cooper Ornithological Society A. Brazier Howell Award for outstanding presentation. 1999.
- Southern Graduate Student Biological Symposium Award for Outstanding Presentation. 1998.
- Louisiana Educational Quality Support Fund Graduate Fellowship. 1993-1997.
- U.S. Forest Service Award for work on Neotropical Migrant Habitat Summaries. 1992.
- U.S. Forest Service Award firefighting. 1992.
- President’s Award for Outstanding Freshmen, UC Davis. 1988.
Professional Service, Memberships & Activities
- The Wildlife Society, Society for Conservation Biology, American Ornithologists' Union, Cooper Ornithological Society.
- Regular reviewer of papers submitted to Auk, Condor, Conservation Biology, Journal of Wildlife Management, Journal of Animal Ecology.
- Reviewer for National Science Foundation
- Board member, Friends of the Dunes
- Science Chair, Cooper Ornithological Society annual meeting, June 2005.
- Since 2000, I have been the Principle Investigator or co-Principle Investigator on grants and contracts totaling over $2 million.
- We’ve received grants from a variety of funders, including the National Science Foundation, US Fish & Wildlife Service, the Agricultural Research Initiative, the National Geographic Society, and the Coastal Conservancy.