What's Happening Behind the Scenes
The LMS migration involves collaboration among the campus community.
- How did HSU choose Canvas? Review the HSU Canvas Final Evaluation Report
- How is the migration being coordinated? Take a look at the Project Management Structure
- What decisions are being made on the use of Canvas at HSU? Find out in the Decisions by the Canvas Approver Group
- All Summer 17 Canvas courses created automatically with faculty enrolled on March 15 (eight weeks prior to term start date). Students enrolled one-week prior to term start date.
- Phase 2 of Moodle migration begins (first list of non-credit bearing courses from the ongoing Moodle server (courses.humboldt.edu) in progress to Canvas).
- Testing of Google External App in Canvas.
- The new production site has been created with a vanity URL, canvas.humboldt.edu.
- User roles and permissions global settings, approved 3rd party tools installed, and branding complete.
- Automated enrollment timeline defined.
- Spring 2017 courses created via a self-service application for faculty.
- Canvas website has gone through many iterations and we continue to look for engaging websites to mirror from moving forward. Faculty and staff self-service resources are provided, as well as training schedule and sign-up.
- Kick-Off/Launch message from the Provost at our kickoff/launch is posted on the Canvas website.
- Canvas Premier 24/7 Support details posted on website.
More than 200 courses are currently being taught in the Canvas Pilot Production environment in which more than 3,500 students are participating. As we work through the complexities of implementing this LMS migration on the back end of the system, we are committed to making this transition as easy as possible for our campus community.