The Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) provides basic life support care to critically ill or injured patients. EMTs learn to manage airways using artificial devices, assess the severity ofillness or injury, manage wounds and bleeding, immobilize fractures, perform CPR, utilize an automated defibrillator, and assist with administration of some medications. For more detailed information, please email email@example.com.
Requirements & Co-requisites:
- Must be 18 years of age at time of course completion.
- Background check through a certified background company ($45 not included in the course fee).
- CPR for the Healthcare Provider or equivalent (must have for course completion; no online courses)
- Course is 160 hours of classroom time
- 24 field and clinical observation hours
- Must have immunizations and proof of immunizations TB, Hepatitis B, influenza in order to do fieldwork
- Maintain a minimum cumulative grade of 70% throughout the course
- Sucessfully complete the didactic Final Exam
- Successfully complete the psychomotor Final Exam