We've got kayaks, canoes and stand up paddle boards - Come play on the water!
Launch from the Humboldt Bay Aquatic Center dock and set off on an adventure along the shores of Humboldt Bay. Our knowledgeable staff will provide a brief paddle and safety talk and can also set up a private lesson for novice paddlers or the intermediate and advanced participant. Have friends or a special group looking for an adventure? Want to explore a particular trail system or waterway but need us to lead the way? We are happy to help plan your custom trip. Please fill out our Personalize Trip Request Form for more information and pricing!
- A brief paddling and safety orientation
- Personal flotation device (PFD) / Life jacket
- Wetsuit (Participating in our rental program, you may get wet. Bringing a swimsuit to wear under the included wetsuit is a great way to prepare for your time on Humboldt Bay)
- Splash jacket
- The watercraft
Kayak or Stand Up Paddleboard:
Are you qualified to rent one of our sail boats hassle-free? This on-land rig-and-rent program allows you to display your rigging competency, on one of our Lasers or Coronado 15s. Call the Humboldt Bay Aquatic Center at 707-443-4222 and make an 1.5 hour appointment on one of the Fridays we offer this asssessment (see our list of classes & activities for dates). After taking this rigging and skill assessment, you will have access to rent our sail boats for your excursions to one of the lagoons, or even Ruth Lake! Boat selection is dependent on date offered.
Not feeling like launching off our dock? Would you like to join a group of friends paddling up at the lagoons and don’t have your own gear? Want to take a kayak, canoe or stand up paddleboard on your next camping trip? We offer off-site rentals to help you get out there and explore! Vehicles must be equipped with functional rack systems for transport of kayaks, canoes, surf and/or paddleboards. Talk with our staff about approved locations for off-site rentals and let us get you outfitted for your next adventure. For off-site aquatic and outdoor gear please see our Center Activities' Full Rental Price List.
- $20 HSU Students
- $26 Community Members
- $25 HSU Students
- $35 Community Members
- All renters should know how to tread water while wearing a life jacket.
- Children under 16 years old must be accompanied by an adult.
- Minors under the age of 18 must have a parent or guardians signature on their rental waiver.
- Rental limits are based on forecast weather conditions and tides.