In March 2013, HSU created a Data Warehouse Leadership Team to provide guidance for the governance of data at the University. The team consists of one Report and Data Expert from each division who provides direct business intelligence support to their respective Vice President; one representative each from Institutional Research, Human Resources, and Academic Personnel Services; the Chief Information Officer; and the Vice President of Administrative Affairs. The Director of Enterprise Technology and systems analysts from Enterprise Data Management and Institutional Research provide staff support to the Leadership Team. Collectively, the members of the Leadership Team commit to representing the reporting and analytics interests and needs of all the functional areas of the HSU organization.
The responsibilities of the Leadership Team are to:
- Ensure that the comprehensive set of integrated strategies (policy, procedure, training, and technology) which both protect and leverage our data warehouse assets are in place;
- Manage the Data Warehouse Roadmap, assuring an overall Data Warehouse design and architecture that (1) promotes data consistency, reliability and quality; (2) continually expands and improves service to the reporting and analytics needs of the university; and (3) consolidates the various data warehousing efforts across campus into this single resource;
- Ensure investment and priorities in the Data Warehouse are aligned with campus priorities, goals and objectives, maintaining a balance between adding new data sources and maintaining existing systems;
- Approval and review of projects related to the Data Warehouse;
- Service level monitoring and Data Warehouse performance assessment;
- Communications with the Business Report Analysts group, the Vice Presidents, and other campus stakeholders.