Data Warehouse Leadership Team • March 20, 2013 Meeting Notes
We reviewed the charge of the group and discussed a possible name. It was agreed to table the name until we had met a couple more times so we could get a better idea of the context. We thought that would better inform the name.
We summarized the charge of the group as follows:
- To develop a framework for key data needs and identify where to get that data and how to develop the layers of data for various end users
- Set policy around data warehouse access
- Identify where we want to be regarding data output
- Consider cost effectiveness analysis when recommending solutions
- Identify the forms and ways we collect data (keep in mind sources other than PeopleSoft such as Blackbaud, Hobsons, and others)
We agreed to meet the 1st and 3rd Wednesdays between 9am and 10am for the remainder of the Spring 2013 Semester.
For our next meeting:
- IT will provide a brief overview of what the data warehouse houses
- Team members will solicit feedback from their colleagues regarding:
- What we sorely miss?
- What we’d like to have?
- Integration of systems
- Access, Interpretation, and Capabilities of existing data
- We will engage in a SWOT analysis regarding information systems, data collection and data retrieval on campus
Next meeting: April 17, 2013 (We will forgo the April 3, 2013 meeting to allow more time to collect feedback to inform our SWOT analysis).