Windows XP has WebDAV capabilities built into the operating system. The following instructions are based on Windows XP Service Pack 3.
Configure a WebDAV Connection To Your HSU Network Folder:
- Double click "My Network Places" (on the desktop or in the Start menu)
- Click "Add a network place" from the left-hand navigation bar under "Network Tasks."
- If you do not see "Network Tasks":
- Click Tools > Folder Options...
- Select "Show common tasks in folders"
- Click "OK"
- Click "Next."
- Click the "Choose another network location" and click "Next."
- Enter the Server Address: https://users.humboldt.edu/folders and click "Next."
- You will be prompted to log in using your HSU User Name and Password. You need to enter the domain before your user name - for example, HSU-ADabc123
- You may change the name for your HSU Network Folder or leave it as default.
- Click "Next."
- Click "Finish" to complete the connection setup.
- You will be prompted to log in again with your HSU User Name and Password.
Press "OK." A window will appear that contains a folder with your HSU User Name. Double click on that folder. This folder contains your HSU files.
- You have now completed your WebDAV connection.
- Now you can drag any files or folders from drives on your local computer.
- You will only have to make this connection once on each computer you use. It will remain connected (if you are connected to the Internet) until you delete the connection.
- You can drag the the Network Folder onto your desktop if you want it to be easily accessible.
- It is recommended that you create your files and folders on your computer, instead of within the WebDAV folder and then copy them over. This helps prevent data loss if you lose a connection and keeps a copy on your local computer so you have a backup.
- If you want to delete your Network Folder connection, click on the folder, and while pressing the "shift" key, press the "delete" key on your keyboard.
- If you never use the "Faculty" folder, you can connect directly to your folder by adding your HSU User Name onto the end of the Server Address in step five above. (example: https://users.humboldt.edu/folders/abc123).
Contact the Technology Help Desk at (707) 826-HELP (4357), send email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or stop by Library 120.