What are the best ways to protect passwords?
- Never store your passwords in a regular document like Microsoft Word or Excel - use a password manager
- Never send passwords in an email to anyone.
- Change your passwords regularly.
- Abide by password policies; they are there for your protection.
- When you send email, do not give your email username. It’s half of the equation to getting your login credentials.
- Never share passwords.
- Never write down passwords on a piece of paper unless you stored it in a locked cabinet or safe.
- Always make your password a strong password.