As you improve existing courses or develop new courses, think about the small ways you can make a big difference.
- Get your text book orders in on time
- Order DVDs with captioning
- Turn captioning on when showing a video
- Review the ATI quick-start tools on the Faculty Development Web page
- Consider attending a training session, or talk to a colleague who has attended training
- Talk to the Student Disability Resource Office for advice on reasonable accommodation for out-of-the-ordinary instructional materials
- Keep in mind that in the end the small changes you make to accommodate students with disabilities will improve course delivery for all students
No one is asking you to completely revamp your course delivery to accommodate the possibility of a disabled student arriving in your class. We are asking you to think about small changes you can make so that all students, regardless of whether or not they self-identify as disabled, are most likely to be successful in your course.