PeopleSoft Upgrade: Student Information
The PeopleSoft HCM
(Student and HR) upgrade from Thursday, December 1 at 5 p.m. through Wednesday, December 7 at 8 a.m. is complete and the system is now available.
The improvements were primarily about improved performance and most users will see minimal changes to the functionality of the system after the upgrade (see below). Students should review the 'What do I need to do before the upgrade' checklist below to make sure that your systems are ready for PeopleSoft HCM 9.0.
- Improved Color Scheme - The color scheme was updated to be easier on the eyes, and to give you a clearer indication of where you are in the system.
- Pop-up Edit boxes – A new window opens when you need to edit something.
- New look for Processing & Save Indicators – Designed to make the system easier to use.
- Number of Search Results Option - You can choose the number of search results you would like to have returned, up to a maximum of 300.
- Type Ahead Matching - As you begin typing in a search field, a drop-down box shows results that match what you’ve typed in so far. You can choose an entry from the drop-down box, or continue typing to enter the desired information.
- Pop-up Search Window - When you click the Search icon, the search fields are shown in a moveable, resizable pop-up window. You can grab the window to move it to a different location or drag the bottom right-hand corner to change the size of the window.
- Navigation – Recently Used pages and Breadcrumbs
What do I need to do before the upgrade:
- Make note of your 8.9 Favorites because you will need to recreate them in the new version. Note: Some of the most common Favorites HCM 9.0 navigation will be included in HCM 9.0 reference materials and some navigation paths will change.
- Click on your Favorite
- Copy the name of the page
- Paste the name of the page in the Menu Search (in the left hand navigation section)
- Copy the navigation path that appears in the Search Results for reference when version 9 is available
- Confirm that your computer has one of the following PeopleSoft HCM 9.0 compatible Operating System / Web Browser combinations:
- Windows Vista (32-bit): Firefox 3.6, MS Internet Explorer 7, or MS Internet Explorer 8
- Windows Vista (64-bit): MS Internet Explorer 7, or MS Internet Explorer 8
- Windows 7 (32-bit): MS Internet Explorer 8
- Windows 7 (64-bit): Firefox 3.6 or MS Internet Explorer 8
- Windows 2008 (64-bit): MS Internet Explorer 8
- Windows 2008 R2 (64-bit): Firefox 3.6 or MS Internet Explorer 8
- Linux x86 Oracle Linux 5: Firefox 3.5
- Mac OS X 10.4 (Power PC): Firefox 3.6, Safari 3.0, or Safari 4
- Mac OS X 10.5 (Intel): Firefox 3.6, Safari 3.0, Safari 4, or Safari 5
- Mac OS X 10.6 (Intel): Firefox 3.6, Safari 4, or Safari 5
Source URL: https://www2.humboldt.edu/its/peoplesoft-upgrade-students#comment-0