Guides :: Account Activation Checklist
All new faculty, staff, and students must complete the Account Activation Checklist prior to accessing email and other computer accounts.
Step 1: Log into the Welcome Center
- Go to http://welcome.humboldt.edu/new
- Enter your HSU User Name .
- Enter your Authorization Code (from the letter or email you received).
- Click Submit.
- Review the Responsible Use Policy and click Accept.
- Review the message about registering your cell phone number for future password reset assistance and click Next Message
- You'll see a message about your security questions. Click Close
If you have difficulties logging in, call the Technology Help Desk at (707) 826-4357 for assistance.
Step 2: Identity Verification Questions
- Select three questions and provide answers to them.
- Click Submit.
- Click Next to set a password.
Step 3: Set your password
- In the Create a new password section, review the password requirements
- Type your password in the New Password box
- Type your password a second time to confirm
- Click Submit. You should see a message stating "You have successfully reset your password".
- Click Exit Kiosk.
- You can now access myHumboldt and log into any application you're authorized to use, as well as the interdisciplinary computer labs.
Note: your password expires at least once a year. Read more about Password Expirations .
Congratulations, you have completed the Account Activation Process!
Please contact the HSU Technology Help Desk at (707) 826-4357 if you need assistance.
Source URL: https://www2.humboldt.edu/its/accounts-activation