Kinesiology and Athletics Building,
Biomechanics is mechanics applied to biology... (Y.C. Fung, 1981). Therefore biomechanics uses expertise from disciplines such as engineering, anatomy, rehabilitation, medicine, orthopaedics, and sport science. The Biomechanics Laboratory at Humboldt State University is a research AND learning laboratory affiliated with the Institute of Health and Human Performance. The mission of the HSU Biomechanics lab is to: (1) educate and train students in the performance of high-quality biomechanical research methods and techniques; (2) explore and document the mechanical and neuromuscular characteristics of human motion; (3) provide biomechanics and neurocognitive related assessment services to the HSU and surrounding communities; and (4) transfer acquired knowledge to advance the art in our field.
• The biomechanics, energetics, and neural control of walking and running.
• Effects of concussion on neurocognitive function and motor control.
• Director: Justus Ortega , Ph.D.
• Lab Manager: Nikaela Hemminger, B.S. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
• Collaborators: Rodger Kram, Ph.D., University of Colorado Boulder; Stan Lindstat, Ph.D., University of Northern Arizona; Kevin Conley, Ph.D., University of Washington; Massimo Venturelli, University of Utah.