HSU Professional Development Newsletter - August 2018
This month inside HSU Professional Development Newsletter:
- HRAPS Wishes Colleen Mullery the Best on Her Retirement - It is with diverging feelings of sadness and joy that we say goodbye to Colleen as she leaves us for the satisfying pace of retirement. For the past 13 years she has been the force that guided Faculty Affairs, and since 2013, the Human Resources department as well.
- Planning an Effective Presentation - A presentation can be immeasurably improved if the presenter devotes sufficient time and attention to planning. In this course, you'll learn how to define and understand your audience's characteristics, knowledge, needs, and responses.
- Becoming Your Own Best Boss - This course focuses on attitudes and behaviors that promote self-empowerment. It provides strategies for empowering yourself through self-coaching, approaches for developing an entrepreneurial mind-set, and an opportunity to apply a model for self-empowerment to enhance your performance.
- Fall 2018 Professional Development Day: Building Equity Through Community - This is an opportunity for faculty and staff to come together for professional development that inspires, builds community, and offers equitable and inclusive learning opportunities to integrate into practice in the coming year.
- Seven Lessons from Mister Rogers that Can Help Americans Be Neighbors Again - Here are some of Mister Rogers' teachings that could help us weather today's ups and downs, stand up for what we believe in, and work together as we prepare for the Fall Semester.
- On the Bookshelf - Sociologist/productivity and relationship coach and expert Dr. Jan Yager offers a 7-day plan to get more done in less time.
- 5 Tips To Get You Back To Work After Vacation
- Skillshops @ the Library
- HSU Workshop for Avoiding Unconscious Bias in the Hiring Process - August 28 @ 9 AM
- Upcoming Training Opportunities
- and more!
Please visit our August 2018 Newsletter.