Coursework should be completed during Freshman/Sophomore years
Both of these courses are required:
- SW 101: Introduction to Social Work and Social Work Institutions
- SW 255: Beginning Social Work Experience (The BASW Program Director may consider a request for waiver of SW 255, on a case by case basis. Circumstances could include transfer students who would not have access to a comparable course in their community and/or have significant past employment experience in the field of social work practice.)
NOTE: SW 101 and SW 255 should be completed as soon as possible.
One of the following courses related to diversity:
- ES 105: Introduction to Ethnic Studies
- NAS 104: Introduction to Native American Studies
- CRGS 108: Power/Privilege - Gen/Race/Sex/Class
NOTE: Other courses that are centrally organized around a theme of the experiences of marginalized groups may be accepted. Documentation may be required via course descriptions and syllabi.
One of the following courses in Elementary Statistics:
- STAT 106: Statistics for the Health Sciences
- STAT 108: Elementary Statistics
- PSY 241: Introduction to Psychological Statistics
- SOC 282: Sociological Statistics
For questions regarding potential course substitution, please contact the Admissions Coordinator, Julie Slater at (707) 826-5350, firstname.lastname@example.org